Performing Arts Internship Programme 2017 – 18
If you are passionate about arts and culture, and looking for an internship experience, join the West Kowloon Performing Arts Internship Programme this year to learn about and explore one of the most important cultural projects in Hong Kong.
A unique opportunity for graduates interested in developing a career in the performing arts field. Interns will work closely with professional staff in the Performing Arts Department full-time for a period of around six months. They will gain practical and theoretical training in programming, venue operations as well as technical and productions. This is a paid internship that runs on a recurring basis, with openings every year.
Internship Period: 6 months (full time)
Intake 3: Oct 2017 – Mar 2018 (Ref: 16153c)
Deadline for Intake: Apply on or before 4 Aug 2017 (Friday)
- To be a graduate with a recognised university degree or equivalent qualification relevant to your preferred internship;
For programming interns
Performing arts, social science, arts, cultural or cultural management studies, arts education, publishing, marketing, journalism, communications, language, public affairs, business administration, public administration or related disciplines
For venue operations interns
Event management, hospitality, tourism, performing arts, business or related disciplines
For technical and productions interns
Theatre technical arts, such as stage and event management, technical direction, lighting design and technology, sound design and technology from HKAPA or other theatre school institutes, or university degree in architecture or project management
Good computer skills (AutoCAD) are required
- A strong interest in working professionally in performing arts, performing arts venue operations, tourism and hospitality, theatre planning or stage technical fields;
- A good command of spoken and written English and Cantonese / Mandarin; and
- Ideally, some relevant working experience.
YOU WILL :
- Learn about WKCD Performing Arts facilities and their current development, programming, venue operations, venue design, technical and productions etc.;
- Gain practical and theoretical training in performing arts through active involvement in our on-going projects while working closely with the Performing Arts Department;
- Research topics that will contribute to the development of the Performing Arts facilities and upcoming programmes; and
- Join discussions, talks, performances and other related events.
Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
If you are interested in an internship, please submit your application along with your CV via online application.
For more information, please contact Ms Sammantha Wong at 2200 0121.
Personal data will only be used for processing applications. Applicants not being invited for interview within 4 weeks from 10 Feb 2017 (for Intake 1), 7 Apr 2017 (for Intake 2), and 4 Aug 2017 (for Intake 3) may assume their applications unsuccessful.
Data will be kept for up to 24 months, and then destroyed.