A world-class arts venue dedicated to promoting the rich heritage of xiqu
- Xiqu Centre
- Xiqu CentreOpening in 2018
- Grand TheatreVenue for high-quality mainstream and large-scale xiqu performances, new works and cultural exchange events (1,100 seats)
- AtriumSpace for community events and a place to experience xiqu beyond the theatre (450sqm)
- Tea House TheatreVenue for tea culture and performances of traditional shuochang (narrative singing) and vernacular folk arts (200 seats)
- Education and rehearsal facilitiesVenues for educational and training programmes to support the development of xiqu 8 Rehearsal Halls and Practice Rooms 120 - seat Seminar Hall
The Xiqu Centre is designed to be a world-class platform for the conservation, promotion and development of Cantonese Opera and other genres of xiqu (Chinese traditional theatre). It will house a range of facilities for performances, new repertory, research, education, training and exchange, and offer skills development programmes to help nurture young talent and support the development of new creations. Through collaboration with xiqu centres, associations and troupes in the region, the Xiqu Centre will establish networks that will help promote traditional Chinese performing arts to a wider audience, both regionally and globally.
See the latest updates on the Construction Progress here.