Street performance is an important part of a city’s cultural life. In order to promote the appreciation of this art form and encourage street performers to make use of the public space and liven up the park at the West Kowloon Cultural District, we have come up with a Street Performance Scheme. We hope this scheme would encourage street entertainment in the district and allow the general public to enjoy the art form in a shared public space.
Application of the Street Performance Scheme starts from 1 August 2015, potential performers are welcome to fill in the application form, or fill in the form in person at our office at the West Kowloon Cultural District. You will also be required to do a live demonstration of your performance. Successful applicants will be given a permit to perform in the district. For details please read the Street Performers Scheme guidelines. Performers can also submit their application during Freespace Happening events.
How to apply
- Fill in the application form
- Submit your application form in person to the Project Site Office, West Kowloon Cultural District during the following timeslots:
- 2 pm to 3 pm every Friday and Saturday (except public holidays)
- 4 pm to 5 pm every Friday and Saturday
- Prepare a live demonstration of your performance on the day of the application
(852) 2200 0850 / firstname.lastname@example.org
(653 KB pdf file)
(370 KB pdf file)
(2 MB pdf file)
(770 KB pdf file)