(No booking fees at any of the listed sales channels)
|22–27 October 2020 (Thursday to Tuesday)||7:15pm||Experimental Cantonese Opera Wenguang Explores the Valley – Xiqu Centre|
|6–8 November 2020 (Friday to Sunday)*||7:15pm||Experimental Cantonese Opera Farewell My Concubine (New Adaptation) – Xiqu Centre|
|10–13 November 2020 (Tuesday to Friday)|
* Cantonese audio description available for the performance on 7 November
22 October–13 November 2020
Studio 1, Xiqu Centre
Regional languages with Chinese and English surtitles
10% discount for purchases of standard tickets for two festival performances (single transaction).
* Subject to availability.
* No other concessions apply for this event.
(852) 2200 0022, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tickets available from 25 September 2020 via online and telephone booking as well as at the Xiqu Centre Ticket Office.
From 26 September 2020, tickets are also available at selected Tom Lee outlets (Olympian City, Shatin and Yuen Long).
|10 October 2020 (Saturday)||3:00pm||From Theatre of the Absurd to Kunqu|
|17 October 2020 (Saturday)||3:00pm||Gaojia Opera's Comic Tales of Human Lives|
|31 October 2020 (Saturday)||3:00pm||A Woman's Perspective, Past and Present|
|15 November 2020 (Sunday)||3:00pm||Blending Peking Opera, Street Dance and Rock|
Please note that there will be official photo and video shooting during the sharing session.
Guest speakers will participate in the sharing sessions via live-stream.
10 October–15 November 2020
Studio 1, Xiqu Centre and live-streaming
Mandarin supplemented in Cantonese (sharing) and regional languages (excerpts). No surtitles.
Free admission. Limited capacity on a first come, first served basis. Please register online in advance.
- Audiences attending Experimental Chinese Opera Festival 2020 performances and Creative Sharing Sessions will be entitled to advance booking for tickets for the Experimental Chinese Opera Festival 2021. Details to be announced.
- The organiser reserves the right to make changes to the programme and performers/speakers.
- West Kowloon reserves the right to release the seats of participants who fail to register their arrival before the start of a talk.
- For the safety of participants, visitors, artists and staff, please note the following health precautions:
- Please provide contact information when purchasing tickets.
- Please bring your own mask and wear it at all times in the venue.
- Temperature checks will be carried out before admission. Visitors showing a temperature of 37.5°C or above will not be able to participate.
- Special seating arrangements are being implemented. Please follow the instructions of our staff.
- If you have travelled outside of Hong Kong in the past 14 days or are wearing a home quarantine tracking wristband, please wait until your quarantine period is over before visiting West Kowloon.
- Special Arrangements in Response to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Adverse Weather Arrangements:
If a black rainstorm warning or a typhoon signal no. 8 or above is in force three hours before the start of the event, the event will be cancelled.