12*-15 May 2017
9am – 6pm (to be confirmed)
Hotel Stage (1 Chi Wo St, Jordan, Hong Kong)
Mandarin & English, with English / Mandarin simultaneous interpretation
Speakers & Guests:
Walter Heun (European Dancehouse Network)
Hiromi Maruoka (TPAM, Performing Arts Meeting in Yokohama)
Stephen Armstrong (Arts Centre Melbourne)
Ma Chen Cheng (SMG Live)
Grimur Atlason (Iceland Airwaves Music Festival)
- Louis Yu (Executive Director, Performing Arts, WKCDA)
- Anna CY Chan (Head of Dance, Preforming Arts, WKCDA)
- Low Kee Hong (Head of Theatre, Preforming Arts, WKCDA)
- Breakfast meeting: 20 minutes brief talk
- Provocation topics: The inception of producers’ platforms in Asia and their recent development; A brief study on Asia dancehouse network; Mainland China’s foreign collaboration and development, Icelandic Indie Music and Iceland Airwaves Music Festival
- “Work-in-Progress” presentation: Participants’ creative projects
- Small-group meeting
- Action meeting
- Visits to local productions/performances
- WK Creation-in-development Showcase: Dance, Music, Theatre
*Participants of the closed-door meeting are required to attend the Public Forum on 12 May.
Online registration for closed door meeting is now closed.
Target Participants for closed door meeting:
- Professionals with at least 8 years' experience of producing performing arts programmes in mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan (including individual performing arts events, arts festivals, public engagement programmes and research programmes, etc., on dance, theatre (text, physical), music, interdisciplinary, etc.)
- Freelance producers or producers working full time for arts and cultural organisations, dance, theatre and music companies
- Applicants should have a deep understanding of local cultures, be interested in developing intercultural programmes, open to cultural exchange and keen to collaborate with people of different cultural backgrounds and from different fields.
Ms. Wong (852) 2200-0808, firstname.lastname@example.org
The organiser reserves the right to change the programme content and speakers. All changes will be announced on the website.
Overseas producers must shoulder their own flight expenses and accommodation.
Seats for closed-door meetings are limited. Please register online on or before 13 March 2017. Notification of successful enrolment will be sent to you on or before 24 March 2017.