The Closed-door Meeting takes place over four days, from 18 to 21 May 2018, and is composed of case studies, small-group meetings and project pitching sessions. It is a platform for producers from different regions and fields to share their experiences and discuss issues related to the role of producers and cross-disciplinary collaborations.
18* – 21 May 2018 (Friday-Monday)
*Participants of the Closed-door Meeting are required to attend the Public Forum on 18 May.
9:00am – 6:00pm (to be confirmed)
Hotel Stage (1 Chi Wo St, Jordan, Hong Kong)
Mandarin & English, with English / Mandarin simultaneous interpretation
Speakers & Respondents:
- Emma Gladstone (Artistic Director and Chief Executive, Dance Umbrella, United Kingdom)
- Crystal D (Independent curator, mainland China)
- Lin Fang-Yi (Independent curator, critic and composer, Taiwan)
- Alison Friedman (Artistic Director, Performing Arts, WKCDA)
- Anna CY Chan (Head of Dance, Performing Arts, WKCDA)
- Low Kee Hong (Head of Theatre, Performing Arts, WKCDA)
- Kung Chi Shing (Artistic Associate (Music), Performing Arts, WKCDA)
- Small-group meetings
- Project pitching sessions
- Professionals with at least 8 years' experience of producing performing arts programmes in mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan (including individual performing arts events, arts festivals, public engagement programmes and research programmes on dance, text and physical theatre, music and interdisciplinary work)
- Freelance producers or producers working full time for arts and cultural organisations, dance, theatre and music companies.
- Applicants should have a deep understanding of local cultures, be interested in developing intercultural programmes, open to cultural exchange and keen to collaborate with people of different cultural backgrounds and from different fields.
- Participants will be selected on the basis of their submitted application.
HK$400 (Covers full 4-day event, lunch and local transportation between venues)
Closing Date for Application:
5 March 2018
Online registration is now closed.
- The organiser reserves the right to change the programme content and speakers. All changes will be announced on the website.
- Overseas producers must shoulder their own flight and accommodation expenses.
- Successful applicants will be contacted by email with the payment details on or before 12 March 2018.
Adverse Weather Arrangement:
Morning session of the programme will be cancelled when a tropical cyclone warning signal no. 8 or above is hoisted 2 hours prior to the event; afternoon session of the programme will continue as scheduled when the signal is cancelled before 11:30am. When a black rainstorm warning is in force before the event, the organiser will decide if the programme will continue as scheduled. Announcement will be made here.
Ms. Wong (852) 2200 0808, firstname.lastname@example.org