Performing Arts Internship Programme 2019-2020
Internship Period: 6 months (Full time)
Ref: 18339a Intake 1 (April - September 2019)
Ref: 18339b Intake 2 (June - November 2019)
Ref: 18339c Intake 3 (October 2019 - March 2020)
If you are passionate about arts and culture and looking for an internship experience, join the West Kowloon Performing Arts Internship Programme this year to learn about and explore one of the most important cultural projects in Hong Kong.
A unique opportunity for graduates interested in developing a career in the performing arts field. Interns will work closely with professional staff in the Performing Arts Division full-time for a period of six months. They will gain practical and theoretical training in programming, operations as well as technical and productions. This is a paid internship that runs on a recurring basis, with openings every year.
To be a graduate with a recognised institution degree or equivalent qualification in the following disciplines relevant to your preferred internship:
For programming interns
Performing arts, social science, arts, cultural or cultural management studies, arts education, publishing, marketing, journalism, communications, language, public affairs, business administration, public administration or related disciplines
For venue operations interns
Event management, hospitality, tourism, performing arts, business or related disciplines
For technical and productions interns
Theatre technical arts, such as stage and event management, technical direction, lighting design and technology, sound design and technology, architecture or project management disciplines
- A strong interest in working professionally in performing arts, performing arts venue operations, tourism and hospitality, theatre planning or stage technical fields;
- A good command of spoken and written English and Cantonese / Mandarin;
- Ideally, some relevant working experience; and
- Good computer skills (AutoCAD) are required for technical and productions interns.
- Learn about WKCDA Performing Arts facilities and their current development, programming, venue operations, venue design, technical and productions, etc.;
- Gain practical and theoretical training in performing arts through active involvement in our on-going projects while working closely with the Performing Arts Division;
- Research topics that will contribute to the development of the Performing Arts facilities and upcoming programmes; and
- Join discussions, talks, performances and other related events.
Candidate must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
If you are interested in an internship, please submit your application along with your CV via online application.
- Please specify why you would like to be part of this internship programme and how this experience may enhance your career plan.
- Please provide your relevant knowledge and/or experience that you think would help you in this internship.
For more information, please contact Ms. Kiffany Lee at (852) 2200 0013.