- Creation for Freespace: Choreographer & Composer Lab Yuh Egami (Choreographer) x Mike Yip (Composer)
- Freespace Happening
- Dramaturgy and Beyond – Roundtable: “Unpacking dramaturgy” Courtesy of the West Kowloon Cultural District
- Tea House Theatre Taster – Excerpt Performance “Sword Reunites Hairpin Couple” Courtesy of West Kowloon Cultural District Authority
The West Kowloon Cultural District is a place to create, produce, learn, perform and celebrate all forms of performing arts. Our aims are to:
- present outstanding and imaginative performances and festivals across all art forms from Hong Kong and around the world, including xiqu, music, dance and theatre
- inspire our audiences by making our site a place where people of all ages are welcomed, entertained and educated
- provide space, both physically and artistically, for performing artists to explore, experiment, create and collaborate
- nurture local talents and stimulate their professional growth
In anticipation of building a range of venues dedicated to the performing arts, we currently present an active programme of performances, talks, festivals and community engagement projects on site and around Hong Kong. We work with local and international talents and arts organisations to engage art lovers, and use our educational and free programmes to introduce those unfamiliar with the arts to great experiences.
We also work with researchers and cultural organisations to identify local needs and plan for measures needed to support sustainable artistic growth. To find out more, visit Engagement.
To read more about the plans for our different performing arts venues, visit Architecture.
To see upcoming performances, visit What’s On.