Take A Leap
High-powered street dance meets parkour, Take A Leap, an outdoor event that takes place at the West Kowloon Waterfront Promenade on 1 March will bring together some of the brightest talents in the city, and take you on a journey to Hong Kong’s youth and street culture.
Climbing up walls, leaping across gaps and landing from high falls are just some of the breathtaking moves that you can expect from the parkour programme. Co-curated by Hong Kong Parkour Association, our parkour performers will showcase their free flowing self-expression and agility, alongside free workshops in which you can get to explore and understand the spirit behind this new art form.
As well as parkour, you can also experience the best of Hong Kong’s vibrant street dance. Co-curated by Hongboy@Rhythm Attack, this is the place for some serious popping, breaking and locking. The street dance programme consists of performances, workshops and exciting battles.
Take A Leap is the first programme of Freespace Series, which will act as a laboratory to test out cross-discipline performing arts projects for future Freespace Fest. Find out more about our co-curators or visit the programme schedule for more details.
Freespace is one of the venues at the West Kowloon Cultural District. It aims to nurture local talents and energize the local performing arts scene. With a Black Box theatre and open space, Freespace is the perfect platform for artists and audience to encounter, exchange ideas and explore the endless possibilities of performing arts without boundaries.
1 March 2014 (Saturday)
14:00 to 22:30
Free admission on first-come, first-served basis
Food and Drink
Apart from bringing your own food, there’s a Food & Beverage booth onsite to tantalise all kinds of taste buds. Remember to bring your own mug, container and utensils to save the environment!
*Please note that there will be a small charge HK$3 for each set of container and utensil.
- Information of the event will also be available on the our Facebook page.
- Please use the Typhoon Shelter Entrance of the Promenade as it is closer to the performance area.
- Programmes will be cancelled when a thunderstorm warning, a red or black rainstorm warning or a typhoon signal no. 8 or above is hoisted
- All programmes are subject to change, updated information will be available on our website.
- Please use public transport to Take a Leap.
- Wear something comfortable and warm. Please check the weather report before setting off and pack your waterproof clothing if necessary.