The Xiqu Centre is the first landmark performing arts venue in the West Kowloon Cultural District. Its mission is to conserve, promote and develop the art of Chinese traditional theatre through regular performance, new repertory, education, research and exchange programmes. In preparation for the opening of the venue, we are launching a range of learning and participatory programmes to reach out to the public and help audiences learn about the art of xiqu in all its forms.
We are currently seeking docents to lead 60-minute guided tours of the Xiqu Centre, and share information about the architectural characteristics of the venue, as well as the culture and stories behind the xiqu art form.
We are looking for individuals who:
- are proactive and willing to learn
- have good communication skills and enjoy interacting with the public
- have a keen interest in and understanding of xiqu, arts, architecture or Chinese culture
- are fluent in Cantonese, English and/or Mandarin
- are available for training in September and October 2018 (training includes 2 to 3 half-day sessions)
Besides in-depth training, docents will have access to other learning programmes offered by West Kowloon, and have the chance to meet with art practitioners and fellow art-lovers. We offer a small honorarium as a token of our appreciation.
30 June 2018
(852) 2200 0872 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted before 31 July and invited to attend an interview.
(771 KB pdf file)