Mrs Betty FUNG CHING Suk-yee, GBS
- Chief Executive Officer of West Kowloon Cultural District Authority
- Ex-officio Member of WKCDA Board
- Member of Executive Committee
- Member of Public Private Partnership Projects Committee
- Ex-officio Member of the Board of M Plus Museum Limited
- Ex-officio Member of the Board of HKPM Board
- Ex-officio Member of the Board of West Kowloon Cultural District Foundation Limited
- Chairman of the Board of Blue Poles Limited
Mrs Betty Fung Ching Suk-yee is appointed by the West Kowloon Cultural District Authority as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) with effect from 15 October 2021. Mrs Fung was on secondment from the HKSAR Government to the WKCDA as Acting CEO between December 2020 and June 2021.
Mrs Fung joined the Administrative Service of the Hong Kong Government in 1986. Since then, she had served in a wide range of positions in various bureaux and departments, including as Press Secretary to Chief Secretary and Financial Secretary, Assistant Director of Trade, Deputy Government Chief Information Officer and Deputy Secretary for Education and Manpower.
In 2007, Mrs Fung was appointed Director of Information Services who was the Government’s chief advisor on public relations and publicity matters. She was appointed Director of Leisure and Cultural Services from 2009 to 2014 to oversee the development and management of cultural, sports and recreation facilities in Hong Kong including museums, public libraries and performing arts venues. As Permanent Secretary for Home Affairs from July 2014 to April 2018, she oversaw the formulation of culture, sports and district administration policies and was actively involved in the implementation of the WKCD project including the Hong Kong Palace Museum project.
Mrs Fung was Head, Policy Innovation and Co-ordination Office from April 2018 to November 2020 prior to her secondment to WKCDA.