The Board of the West Kowloon Cultural District Authority (WKCDA) announced the appointment of Mr Henry FAN Hung-ling as Chairman of the Board of the West Kowloon Cultural District Foundation Limited (the Foundation) for a term from 23 May 2020 to 15 November 2020.
Remaining on the Foundation Board as a Member, Mr Henry TANG Ying-yen relinquished the chairmanship of the Foundation Board with effective from 22 May 2020.
Please visit the webpage here for the biographies of the Members of the Foundation Board.
The Foundation is a wholly-owned subsidiary company of the WKCDA and is responsible for formulating strategies, policies and guidelines in relation to fundraising operations and related activities across all areas of WKCDA. A full membership list of the current term of The Foundation is at the Annex.
The WKCDA Board also announced the appointment of new co-opted members to the Investment Committee and Audit Committee from 6 May 2020 to 5 May 2021. The list is as follows:
- Investment Committee: Dr David WONG Yau-kar
- Audit Committee: Mr Raymond WONG Hung-chiu
Please visit the webpage here for the biographies of the Members of the Investment Committee and Audit Committee.
WKCDA currently has seven committees under the Board, including the Executive Committee, the Development Committee, the Performing Arts Committee, the Remuneration Committee, the Investment Committee, the Audit Committee and the Public Private Partnership Projects Committee. They have been established to make recommendations in specialised areas to the Board and support the implementation of the West Kowloon project. WKCDA committees comprise Board members, co-opted members and representatives from relevant government departments in order to tap expertise from different professional and community sectors. Full membership lists of the current term of the Investment Committee and Audit Committee are at Annex.
About West Kowloon Cultural District
The West Kowloon Cultural District is one of the largest and most ambitious cultural projects in the world. Its vision is to create a vibrant new cultural quarter for Hong Kong on forty hectares of reclaimed land located alongside Victoria Harbour. With a varied mix of theatres, performance spaces, and museums, the West Kowloon Cultural District will produce and host world-class exhibitions, performances and cultural events, providing twenty-three hectares of public open space, including a two-kilometre waterfront promenade.
List of the current members of of the Board of West Kowloon Cultural District Foundation Limited
- Mr Henry FAN Hung-ling, SBS, JP
- The Honourable Henry TANG Ying-yen, GBM, GBS, JP
- The Honourable Bernard Charnwut CHAN, GBS,JP
- Dr Peter LAM Kin-ngok, GBS
- The Honourable Victor LO Chung-wing, GBM, GBS, JP
- Chief Executive Officer, WKCDA
Lists of the current members of the Investment Committee and Audit Committee under the WKCDA Board
- Mr Leo KUNG Lin-cheng, GBS, JP
- The Honourable Ronald ARCULLI, GBM, GBS, JP
- Mr Glenn FOK
- Ms Rose LEE Wai-mun, JP
- Representative from Financial Services and the Treasury Bureau
- Director of Accounting Services or his representative
- Representative from Home Affairs Bureau
- Mr Clifford K CHIU
- Dr CHUA Sue-wan
- Mr Kevin Anthony WESTLEY, BBS
- Dr David WONG Yau-kar, GBS, JP
- Mr Elvin YU Tin-yau
- Mr Wilson FUNG Ying-wai
- Dr the Honourable LO Wai-kwok, SBS, MH, JP
- Mr Clement CHAN Kam-wing
- Mr LI Kwok-tso, SBS
- Dr Carlye TSUI Wai-ling, BBS, JP
- Ms Sandy WONG Hang-yee, JP
- Mr Raymond WONG Hung-chiu, GBS, JP
- Mr Franklin YU