The West Kowloon Cultural District Authority (“Authority”) invites qualified Contractors to submit Tenders for the provision of the design and installation of the Common Mobile Antenna System Works (CMAS) (“the Works”) for the Interfacing Car Park (“ICP”) located at the West Kowloon Cultural District (“WKCD”).
The Works shall be carried out in accordance with the Authority’s General Conditions of Contract for Low Value Works. The Scope of the Works to be carried out under this Contract shall comprise the provision of a Common Mobile Antenna System to be installed at Interfacing Car Park in the WKCD consisting of the following facilities and equipment:
- Provision of antenna for mobile phone services;
- Provision of feeder antenna cable and associated field devices for signal distribution;
- Provision of Signal Combiner/Point of Interface (POI) at the Mobile Network Operator (MNO) Room;
- Provision of minor cable containment from the main cable containment system to the end devices, if necessary;
- Provision of temporary connection from Fixed Telecommunications Network Services (FTNS) box at ICP and permanent connection to Telecommunications and Broadcasting Equipment (TBE) Room at M+ Building;
- Full testing and commissioning of signal coverage for the entire ICP; and
- Coordination with other licensed Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) for implementation of their headend equipment connecting to the Common Mobile Antenna System.
The Contractor appointed will have to work closely with the Authority and other concerned parties over half a year to design and implement the Common Mobile Antenna System for the Authority in the ICP on time, within budget and to the agreed safety and quality standards.
The Works are to be issued and executed under a Lump Sum Contract and the tentative date for the commencement of Works shall be in April 2019 and target to complete the installation and testing & commissioning around Q3 2019.
Collection and Submission of Tenders:
Interested parties are required to express their interest to the Authority by email to the following address providing their company name, address, contact telephone number, name and position of their contact person.
Only parties who have expressed their interest in providing the Works may COLLECT the Tender Documents (in the form of a CD-ROM) from the reception counter of the Authority’s Project Site Office on or after 5 March 2019.
Tender submissions must be deposited into the Authority’s Tender Box at Units 608-613, Level 6, Core C, Cyberport 3, 100 Cyberport Road, Hong Kong at or before Hong Kong time 12:00 noon on 28 March 2019. ELECTRONIC OR LATE SUBMISSION OF TENDERS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. ANY PARTIES WHO HAVE NOT EXPRESSED THEIR INTEREST AND COLLECTED THE TENDER DOCUMENTS WILL NOT BE QUALIFIED TO SUBMIT A TENDER IN RESPONSE TO THE TENDER DOCUMENTS.
Tenderers should be aware that requests for clarification of the Tender, if any, must be submitted by email to the following address on or before Hong Kong Time 12:00 noon on 14 March 2019. Verbal and late enquires will not be entertained.
For enquiries, please contact Ms. Cita Cheung or Ms. Eva Chau at:
West Kowloon Cultural District Authority
West Kowloon Waterfront Promenade Site Office
Short Term Tenancy No. (KX2844)
Kowloon, Hong Kong
Telephone No.: (852) 2200 0700
Fax No.: (852) 2895 0016
Tenderers are required to:-
- have Mobile Network Operator Licence granted by the Office of Communications Authority (OFCA);
- have the availability to provide suitable qualified local support and personnel during the project period for this Contract;
- be able to demonstrate that they have successfully undertaken similar Works for Common Mobile Antenna System (CMAS) in Hong Kong within the past three years;
- have the ability and experience to undertake Works for the design and installation of CMAS projects;
- have quality CMAS methodology for CMAS implementation and Mobile Network Operators’ system integration;
- have a definite work plan and resources commitment to deliver the Works within the expected time frame.
All costs and expenses incurred for or in connection with any response to this invitation, including the preparation and/ or submission of the Tender, shall be entirely the responsibility of the interested parties.
The Authority is not bound to accept the lowest Tender or the Tender with the highest overall mark or any Tender and reserves the right to negotiate with any Tenderer. The Authority reserves the right to accept the Tender which the Authority at its sole discretion considers being the most advantageous to the Authority.