The West Kowloon Cultural District Authority (“Authority”) invites qualified Contractors to submit Tenders for the provision of the design and installation of the District-wide People Counting System (PCS) (“the Works”) for a number of designated venues located at the West Kowloon Cultural District (“WKCD”), namely the Xiqu Centre, M+ Museum, P39B RDE Building, Park & Freespace, Lyric Theatre Complex, M+ Pavilion and Hong Kong Palace Museum (HKPM).
Given the different construction phasing and implementation schedules of the facilities in the WKCD in the coming years, the people counting system has to be developed, built and operated separately at different Works periods according to the latest construction progress of each venue.
The Works shall be carried out in accordance with the Authority’s General Conditions of Contract for Term E & M Works. The Scope of the Works to be carried out under this Contract shall comprise the provision of a District-wide People Counting System to be installed at various designated locations as detailed above in the WKCD consisting of the following facilities and equipment:
- Computer terminals, consoles and field equipment for the People Counting System to be installed at the designated security control rooms in the WKCD;
- People Counting System computer software for the monitoring of people flow within each venue, including outdoor and indoor areas as required during the performance of the Contract;
- Provision of sensors and/or cameras for monitoring the flow of people;
- Full testing and commissioning of all people counting system installations including staff training; and
- Subject to the Authority’s sole discretion, exercising the Option Item for the provision of extended Maintenance Services under a separate Maintenance Agreement with the Contractor in the terms specified in the Contract, for provision of up to 60 months extended maintenance services for the future operation of the people counting system on a venue by venue basis after satisfactory completion of the relevant installation Works and Defects Liability Period for each venue.
The Contractor appointed will have to work closely with the Authority, its consultants and contractors and other concerned parties over an extended period of approximately four to five years to design and implement the District-wide People Counting System for the Authority in the designated venues on time, within budget and to the agreed safety and quality standards.
The Works for each venue are to be instructed and executed under separate Works Orders and the tentative date for the issue of the first Works Order for the first venue, the M+ Pavilion is around Q3/Q4 2019.
Collection and Submission of Tenders:
Interested parties are required to express their interest to the Authority at least 2 weeks before the Closing Date of this invitation, in writing by email in English to the following address providing their company name, address, contact telephone number, name and position of their contact person.
Only parties who have expressed their interest in providing the Works may COLLECT the Tender Documents (in the form of a CD-ROM) from the reception counter of the Authority’s Project Site Office on or after 29 May 2019.
Tender submissions must be deposited into the Authority’s Tender Box at Units 608-613, Level 6, Core C, Cyberport 3, 100 Cyberport Road, Hong Kong at or before Hong Kong time 12:00 noon on 28 June 2019. ELECTRONIC OR LATE SUBMISSION OF TENDERS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. ANY PARTIES WHO HAVE NOT EXPRESSED THEIR INTEREST AND COLLECTED THE TENDER DOCUMENTS WILL NOT BE QUALIFIED TO SUBMIT A TENDER IN RESPONSE TO THE TENDER DOCUMENTS.
Requests for clarification of the Tender, if any, must be submitted by email to the following address on or before Hong Kong Time 12:00 noon on 17 June 2019. Verbal and late enquires will not be entertained.
For enquiries, please contact Mr. Alfred Luk or Ms. Cita Cheung at:
Contracts and Control Department, Projects Division
West Kowloon Cultural District Authority
West Kowloon Waterfront Promenade Site Office
Short Term Tenancy No. (KX2844)
Kowloon, Hong Kong
Telephone No.: (852) 2200 0700
Fax No.: (852) 2895 0016
Tenderers are required to:-
- have the availability to provide suitable qualified local support and personnel during the extended project period for this Contract;
- be able to demonstrate that they have successfully undertaken similar Works for large scale People Counting Systems (PCS) and PCS integration in Hong Kong and/or the wider region within the past ten years;
- have the ability and experience to undertake Works for the design and installation of large scale PCS integration projects;
- have quality PCS methodology for PCS implementation and integration;
- have a definite work plan and resources commitment to deliver the Works within the expected time frame.
All costs and expenses incurred for or in connection with any response to this invitation, including the preparation and/ or submission of the Tender, shall be entirely the responsibility of the interested parties.
The Authority is not bound to accept the lowest Tender or the Tender with the highest overall mark or any Tender and reserves the right to negotiate with any Tenderer. The Authority reserves the right to accept the Tender which the Authority at its sole discretion considers being the most advantageous to the Authority.
(90 KB pdf file)