The West Kowloon Cultural District Authority (the “Authority”) invites qualified Contractors to submit Tenders for the provision of the design and installation of the Common Mobile Antenna System Works (CMAS) (“the Works”) for the WKCDA Tower located at the West Kowloon Cultural District (“WKCD”).
The Works shall be carried out in accordance with the Authority’s General Conditions of Contract for Minor Works. The Scope of the Works to be carried out under this Contract shall comprise the provision of a Common Mobile Antenna System to be installed at WKCDA Tower in the WKCD consisting of the following facilities and equipment:
- Provision of antenna for mobile phone services;
- Provision of feeder antenna cable and associated field devices for signal distribution;
- Provision of Signal Combiner/Point of Interface (POI) at the Mobile Network Operator (MNO) Room;
- Provision of minor cable containment from the main cable containment system to the end devices, if necessary;
- Full testing and commissioning of signal coverage from 3/F to 15M/F of WKCDA Tower; and
- Coordination with other licensed Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) for implementation of their headend equipment connecting to the Common Mobile Antenna System.
The Contractor appointed will have to work closely with the Authority and other concerned parties over half a year to design and implement the Common Mobile Antenna System for the Authority in the WKCDA Tower on time, within budget and to the agreed safety and quality standards.
The Works are to be issued and executed under a Lump Sum Contract and the tentative date for the commencement of Works shall be in April 2021 and target to complete the installation and testing and commissioning around Q3 2021.
Contact and Collection of Tender Documents:
The Tender Documents and the Instructions to Tenderers for Tender submission are available to download from the WKCDA’s WKProcure Website (https://wkprocure.westkowloon.hk). Interested parties who wish to submit Tender in respond to this Invitation should log in to WKProcure using their registered accounts to download the Tender Documents and Instructions to Tenderers. The Tender Documents and Instructions to Tenderers are not available for non-registered users of WKProcure. Please visit WKProcure for instructions to apply for a registered account.
Enquiries must be submitted via WKProcure before 17:00 on 1 March 2021.
16:00 on Monday, 15 March 2021 (Hong Kong time)
A tender briefing is tentatively scheduled on 26 February 2021. Interested parties are required to complete and submit their application forms via WKProcure on or before 12:00 noon on 25 February 2021 to register for the tender briefing.
Submission of Tenders:
Late submissions will not be accepted.
In the event that a typhoon signal No. 8 or above is hoisted or a black rainstorm warning signal is issued between Hong Kong time 09:00 and 16:00 on the closing date, the closing date/time will be extended to Hong Kong time 16:00 on the next working day. For the purpose of this paragraph, Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays are not counted as working days.
All costs and expenses incurred for or in connection with any response to this Invitation to Tender, including the preparation and/or submission of the Tenders, shall be entirely the responsibility of the interested parties.
The Authority is not bound to accept the lowest Tender or the Tender with the highest overall mark or any Tender and reserves the right to negotiate with any Tenderer. The Authority reserves the right to accept the Tender which the Authority at its sole discretion considers being the most advantageous to the Authority.
The Authority also reserves the right to suspend, not to proceed with or to cancel this Invitation to Tender or to negotiate with any Tenderer.
Tenderers are required to:
- have Mobile Network Operator Licence granted by the Office of Communications Authority (OFCA);
- have the availability to provide suitable qualified local support and personnel during the project period for this Contract;
- be able to demonstrate that they have successfully undertaken similar Works for Common Mobile Antenna System (CMAS) in Hong Kong within the past three years;
- have the ability and experience to undertake Works for the design and installation of CMAS projects;
- have quality CMAS methodology for CMAS implementation and Mobile Network Operators’ system integration;
- have a definite work plan and resources commitment to deliver the Works within the expected time frame.