- Spatial Concept
- Traditional Spatial Phenomena
- Formal Exploration
- Main Entrance Lobby
- Spatial Design Concept
- 2/F Atrium
- Floor Plan
- 4/F Atrium - View of Lantau Island
- 2/F Atrium - View of Hong Kong Island
- Exhibition Gallery - View of Hong Kong Island
- Exhibition Gallery
- View from Waterfront Promenade
Hong Kong is a highly modernised city rooted in Chinese heritage. The Hong Kong Palace Museum shall be a contemporary expression of :
- Traditional Chinese visual culture
- Traditional Chinese spatial culture
- Contemporary Hong Kong urban culture
Our design capitalizes on the excellent site settings to foster interaction between the museum building and its surrounding environs, and to bring about further enhancement of the public domain at the same time.
Museum architecture in particular is a reflection of our contemporary culture. At the same time, through unique and bespoke spatial and formal propositions, it should pay homage to the identity of the exhibits and provide an interactive environment for their appreciation by the public.
You can read the PowerPoint here for further information or download PDF here.