Photography: Leo Cheng｜Courtesy of HART Haus
This November at Freespace, multidisciplinary artist and Holistic Sound practitioner Shane Aspegren leads a unique form of sound bath meditation that explores the therapeutic effects of sound and vibration on the human mind and body.
Conducted in the dark, Shane’s sessions are strongly influenced by his background as a contemporary artist, composer and experimental musician, as well as his long-time exploration of yogic practices and meditation. The immersive experience incorporates a mix of acoustic and electronically produced sound – traditional meditative instruments such as Vedic singing bowls and gongs, as well as amplified frequencies and custom-made instruments.
The hour-long sound bath is followed by a 30-minute sharing session with the artist.
Hear samples of some of the amplified frequencies used in the session: Shane Aspegren - Daily Frequencies
Date and Time:
27 November 2020 (Friday) 6:00pm–7:30pm
28 November 2020 (Saturday) 2:30pm–4:00pm and 5:00pm–6:30pm
29 November 2020 (Sunday) 11:30am–1:00pm and 2:30pm–4:00pm
Approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes without intermission
The Room, Freespace, Art Park, West Kowloon Cultural District (Getting to Freespace)
Number of Participants:
15 per session
Free admission. Limited capacity on a first come, first served basis. Please register online in advance.
For enquiries, please contact Bridget Cheung on (852) 2200 0863 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Suitable for participants aged 18 or above.
- Participants are requested to bring their own yoga mat. As the session is conducted lying down, you may also wish to bring your own yoga pillow.
- The session is mainly conducted in the dark, using amplified sound as a meditative tool. The majority of participants experience a deeply therapeutic response. If discomfort arises you are welcome to quietly exit the space during the performance.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the event starts. Latecomers will not be admitted.
- Please wear comfortable clothing. You will be asked to keep your shoes on until you are seated on your mat.
- For the safety of participants, visitors, artists and staff, please note the following health precautions:
- Please bring your own mask and wear it at all times in the venue.
- Temperature checks will be carried out before admission. Visitors showing a temperature of 37.5°C or above will not be able to participate.
- For placement and spacing of mats, please follow the instructions of our staff.
- If you have travelled outside of Hong Kong in the past 14 days or are wearing a home quarantine tracking wristband, please wait until your quarantine period is over before visiting West Kowloon.
- Special Arrangements in Response to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
For accessibility services, please contact Jessie Chung on (852) 2200 0794 or email email@example.com
Adverse Weather Arrangements:
If a black rainstorm warning or a typhoon signal no. 8 or above is in force three hours before the start of the event, the event will be cancelled.
Multidisciplinary artist, composer and Holistic Sound practitioner Shane Aspegren is known for his interactive and collaborative methods of creation. His ongoing work reflects his interest in music, sound and meditative practices, specifically the therapeutic effects of sound on the human mind and physical matter of the body. Aspegren has RYT-200 certification from the Yoga Alliance, and an advanced certificate in Integrated Vibrational Therapy. As a contemporary artist and musician, Aspegren has performed and presented his works showcased across Asia, Europe and North America.