The West Kowloon Young Fellows Scheme (Performing Arts) 2019 provides an incubating platform for the development of pioneering learning and participation programmes for the Hong Kong performing arts sector. The aim of the fellowship is to encourage young, aspiring and enthusiastic artists, arts administrators, scholars, researchers and postgraduate students to develop a diverse range of creative arts learning, public participation, community engagement and audience building projects that will expand and contribute to the arts ecology in Hong Kong.
Applications are now open for original initiatives that embrace the aims of the fellowship and will be conducted in Hong Kong.
Aims of the fellowship:
- To encourage the research and development of practice-led initiatives in the areas of arts learning, public participation, community engagement and audience building.
- To support young talents in developing creative and inspiring projects, and encourage collaboration with artists, arts organisations, schools, institutions, and community groups, across diverse art forms.
- To develop new pilot models for learning and participation programmes.
- To generate insightful findings beneficial for the planning and development of the Hong Kong performing arts sector.
- To incubate creative ideas and foster their realisation.
- To cultivate wider community interest in the performing arts by promoting audience building and encouraging community engagement in programme planning.
- To expand the potential audience base for the Hong Kong performing arts sector.
Applications are welcome from young and emerging artists, arts administrators, scholars, researchers and postgraduate students aged below 40. Each successful fellow will receive HK$60,000 for conducting the projects and related activities. A maximum of HK$10,000 for expenses incurred on project related activities can be reimbursed. (Up to three fellowships will be awarded)
Awarded fellows are required to regularly report project progress, submit relevant reports and deliver a presentation in the pitching session upon project completion. Projects showing promising potential may be considered for West Kowloon’s future learning and participation programmes. In such cases, fellows will be invited to further co-develop their projects.
May 2019 – October 2019
Individual applications are welcome from young artists, arts administrators, scholars, researchers and postgraduate students
For details on how to apply please refer to the Application Guidelines and forms available for download below.
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION GUIDELINES
5pm, 28 February 2019 (Thursday)
Briefing Session on West Kowloon Young Fellows Scheme (Performing Arts) 2019
If you are interested in submitting an application and would like to learn more about the objectives of the fellowship and application requirements, please join us at our free briefing session.
29 January 2019 (Tuesday)
7:00pm – 8:00pm
Studio 5, 2/F, Xiqu Centre
Ms Cheung (852) 2200 0396, email@example.com
(980 KB pdf file)
(183 KB docx file)