On 7 and 8 November, veteran singer Angelita Li teams up with award-winning pianist, composer and arranger Patrick Lui and his orchestra in a tribute to the life and legacy of US jazz legend Billie Holiday. Combining performances of classic Holiday songs like Lady Sings the Blues, God Bless The Child and Strange Fruit with images and stories from her life, the event traces the heart-wrenching journey of an iconic artist known for her powerful, unique and influential style.
This performance is part of Freespace Jazz Fest – a programme of music and art events celebrating the innovation and diversity of one of the world’s most popular forms of music.
Angelita Li and the Patrick Lui Jazz Orchestra
Date and Time:
7 November 2020 (Saturday) 5:00pm
8 November 2020 (Sunday) 8:00pm
Approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes without intermission
The Box, Freespace, Art Park, West Kowloon Cultural District (Getting to Freespace)
$400, $280 ($224 for wheelchair users and a companion)
- 20% discount for senior citizens aged 60 or above, people with disabilities and a companion, Comprehensive Social Security Assistance (CSSA) recipients and full-time students.
- If you are a wheelchair user or a person with a disability, you are entitled to buy one ticket at a concessionary price and one additional ticket at the same price for a companion. If there are more than two people in your party, all other tickets will be at standard price unless the party members qualify for a concession in their own right.
- Ticket holders must present proof of eligibility on admission. Concessionary tickets are available on a first come, first served basis. Ticket holders must present proof of eligibility on admission.
- Children under the age of 6 will not be admitted.
- The above discount offers are not valid in conjunction with other promotional offers.
- Latecomers will be admitted at a suitable break in the performance.
- The organiser reserves the right to make changes to the programme.
- For the safety of participants, visitors, artists and staff, please note the following health precautions:
- Please bring your own mask and wear it at all times in the venue.
- Temperature checks will be carried out before admission. Please arrive early to help prevent delays. Visitors showing a temperature of 37.5°C or above will not be able to participate.
- If you have travelled outside of Hong Kong in the past 14 days or are wearing a home quarantine tracking wristband, please wait until your quarantine period is over before visiting West Kowloon.
- Special Arrangements in Response to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Discount offers at our restaurants and cafes for Freespace Jazz Fest ticket holders
Jazz Fest ticket holders may claim a same-day Discount Redemption Card and enjoy the following special offers at our restaurants and cafes. Details
(852) 2200 0022, firstname.lastname@example.org
(852) 2200 0011 (Hotline available only on event dates), email@example.com
- Theatrical interpretation is available for both performances.
- For accessibility services, please contact Jessie Chung on (852) 2200 0794 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adverse Weather Arrangements:
If a black rainstorm warning or a typhoon signal no. 8 or above is in force three hours before the start of the event, the event will be cancelled.
Tickets available from 9 October 2020 (Friday) at 10:00am.