Please note that in view of the current situation in Hong Kong, all events will now start earlier and finish by early evening.
The performance time of our two headliners GoGo Penguin and Robert Glasper Trio have now been moved to the afternoon. Existing ticket holders can use their original tickets for entry on the day of the performances or apply for a refund. The rest of the programmes at The Box will now be free, ticket holders of the Saturday Medley Pass and the Sunday Ensemble Pass are entitled to a full refund. Click here for details.
On 9 and 10 November, Freespace Jazz Fest brings you a weekend of jazz and world music with over 30 spectacular events at Freespace and the Art Park.
Don’t miss our two headline artists, GoGo Penguin (Saturday) and the multiple-Grammy-winning Robert Glasper Trio (Sunday). Both highlight performances take place in the late afternoon at The Box – our new black box space.
Saturday 4:30pm – 5:45pm: GoGo Penguin brings an exciting blend of jazz and electronica. Nominated for the Mercury Prize Album of the Year for their second album v2.0 in 2014, this jazz piano trio from Manchester, UK has crafted a unique sonic identity and become a reference point for a new generation of jazz musicians.
Sunday 5:30pm – 6:45pm: Robert Glasper Trio wraps up the festival with a spectacular performance that explodes the boundaries between jazz, hip-hop, soul and R&B. Joined by drummer Damion Reid, bassist Vicente Archer, and DJ Jahi Sundance, multiple Grammy-and-Emmy-award-winning Robert Glasper promises a mesmerising session of energetic, rhythmic melody and improvisation.
Throughout the weekend you can also enjoy packed programmes of stellar indoor and outdoor performances, talks, demonstrations, a film screening, market stalls and other events in and around Freespace and the Art Park. Head on over and prepare to be entertained! See full festival details here.
Date: 9 November 2019 (Saturday)
Time: 4:30pm – 5:45pm
Venue: The Box, G/F, Freespace (Getting to Freespace)
Robert Glasper Trio
Date: 10 November 2019 (Sunday)
Time: 5:30pm – 6:45pm
Venue: The Box, G/F, Freespace
20% off Concessionary tickets for senior citizens aged 60 or above, people with disabilities and a companion and full-time students. Concessionary tickets are available on a first come, first served basis. Ticket holders must present proof of eligibility on admission.
- The above discount offers are not valid in conjunction with other promotional offers.
- If you are a wheelchair user or a person with a disability, you are entitled to buy one ticket at a concessionary price and one additional ticket at the same price for a companion. If there are more than two people in your party, all other tickets will be at standard price unless the party members qualify for a concession in their own right.
- Suitable for ages 6 and above.
- Performance may contain strong and strobe lighting and smoke.
- Programmes are subject to change without prior notice.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before showtime.
(852) 2200 0022, firstname.lastname@example.org