Jazz music is loved by music fans of all ages around the world. In this 90-minute children’s workshop, a team of experienced jazz musicians and tap dancers introduce participants to the fundamental elements of jazz – rhythm, call-and-response and improvisation. The workshops include rhythm clapping, movement games and simple dance steps. Participants also learn how familiar songs can be adapted using swing and Latin jazz styles, try out some basic tap footwork, and have the chance to join an impromptu finale jamming session with professional tap dancers and the band.
Creative & Performance Team:
Project Director: CMgroovy
Tap Dancers / Facilitators: Karen Chan, Eve Leung
Tap Dancer: Calvin Tang
Band Leader / Guitarist: Tjoe Man Cheung
Double Bassist: Justin Siu
Saxophonist: Scott Murphy
Drummer: Nate Wong
14–15 and 21–22 November 2020 (Saturday and Sunday)
The Room, Freespace, Art Park, West Kowloon Cultural District (Getting to Freespace)
$180 (Includes 1 child and 1 accompanying adult)
10% discount for purchases of 2 or more tickets (single transaction)
- Children aged 7 to 11 only
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. (The adult will not participate)
- For the safety of participants, visitors, artists and staff, please note the following health precautions:
- Please provide contact information when purchasing tickets.
- Please bring your own mask and wear it at all times in the venue.
- Temperature checks will be carried out before admission. Visitors showing a temperature of 37.5°C or above will not be able to participate.
- Special seating arrangements are being implemented. Please follow the instructions of our staff.
- If you have travelled outside of Hong Kong in the past 14 days or are wearing a home quarantine tracking wristband, please wait until your quarantine period is over before visiting West Kowloon.
- Special Arrangements in Response to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
(852) 2200 0022, firstname.lastname@example.org
(852) 2200 0872, email@example.com
Adverse Weather Arrangements:
If a black rainstorm warning or a typhoon signal no. 8 or above is in force three hours before the start of the event, the event will be cancelled.
Tickets available from 8 October 2020 (Thursday) at 10:00am.