Organised by M+, the public symposium explores the discourse of ink art in artistic experimentation from the 1985 Art New Wave period to the present. Featuring presentations by leading scholar and curator, Martina Kӧppel-Yang; artists Yang Jiechang and Qiu Zhijie; and moderated by Pi Li, Sigg Senior Curator at M+, this forum focuses on how ink art has freed itself from the narrow confines of tradition and has transformed into a contemporary artistic language that engages with wider developments in the 20th and 21st century.
- Johnson CHANG (Independent curator and Gallery Director, Hanart TZ Gallery, Hong Kong)
- David CLARKE (Professor, Department of Fine Arts, Hong Kong University, Hong Kong)
- Jane DEBEVOISE (Chair, Board of Directors, Asia Art Archive)
- Martina Kӧppel YANG (Art historian, writer and independent curator, Paris)
- LU Hong (Artistic Director, Shenzhen Art Museum, Shenzhen)
- PI Daojian (Professor, Department of Fine Art, South China Normal University, Guangzhou)
- Wucius WONG (Artist, Hong Kong)
- WU Hung (Harrie A. Vanderstappen Distinguished Service Professor in Chinese Art History, University of Chicago, Chicago)
- YANG Jiechang (Artist, Paris and Heidelberg)
- QIU Zhijie (Artist and Professor, School of Inter-Media Art, China Academy of Art, Hangzhou)
- ZHAO Li (Professor, Department of Humanities, Central Academy of Fine Arts, Beijing)
For more details, please visit the event website.