- New Works Forum – Screendance Nalina Wait and Benjamin Hancock in Sue Healey’s On View: Quintet Photo by Sue Healey
- New Works Forum – Screendance Lisa Griffiths in Sue Healey’s As you Take Time Photo by Patrick Neu
- New Works Forum – Screendance Rapture 2008Directed and choreographed by Noemie Lafrance-film stills-
- New Works Forum – Screendance Eyes Nose Mouth 2008Directed and choreographed by Noemie Lafrance-film stills-
- New Works Forum – Screendance Descent 2003Directed and choreographed by Noemie LafrancePhoto by Claire Le Pichon
Dance From Screen and Beyond
Sharing international trends in screendance, engage in debate upon the form, content, practices and presentation
Co-presented by West Kowloon Cultural District and City Contemporary Dance Company, the upcoming New Works Forum: Screendance provides the opportunity for artistic exchange, with the aim of nurturing new creations in the art of screendance.
In this public forum, award-winning directors and choreographers Noémie Lafrance (New York/Canada), Sue Healey (Australia), Yuri Ng (Hong Kong) and Maurice Lai (Hong Kong) together with the 20 workshop participants will engage in a discussion of the existing model of making screendance, upon the form, and its content, practice and presentation. Trailers of the short choreographed films produced in the 2-weeks workshop by participants will be screened to illustrate how creative concepts are contextualized and put in practice.
About New Works Forum
In preparation for the opening of performing arts facilities of the West Kowloon Cultural District from 2017, New Works Forum is a platform for Hong Kong artists working across different fields who are interested in expanding their practice into new areas, to explore innovative ways of creating and performing, thinking and discussing topics around contemporary performances.
1 August 2015 (Sat)
agnès b. CINEMA, Hong Kong Arts Centre, 2 Harbour Road, Wanchai
In English, with Mandarin/ Cantonese simultaneous interpretation
Online registration is now closed. Walk-in registrations will be allowed depending on the availability of seats on the day.
City Contemporary Dance Company is financially supported by the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.