This August, Edward Lam Dance Theatre presents their first work-in-progress series with ten intimate events in which Taiwanese actor Shih Yi-hsiu and a small audience of 60 people interact to shape both content and performance. In a format that blends workshop and presentation, Shih Yi-hsiu – known for his role as a gender- and identity-ambiguous teacher in the Edward Lam Dance Theatre production Art School Musical – revisits the role of teacher, this time with the audience as his students. Using the novel The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie by Scottish novelist Muriel Spark as the starting point, Shih Yi-hsiu and audience explore concepts of gender and the notion of the teacher as role model. The interactive and improvisational nature of the event creates a new experience at each presentation.
Date & Time:
10, 11, 17, 18 August 2019 (Saturdays and Sundays) 3:00pm
6, 8, 10, 13, 15, 17 August 2019 (Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays) 8:00pm
Approximately 1 hour without intermission
The Room, Freespace, Art Park, West Kowloon Cultural District (Getting to Freespace)
Performed in Mandarin
Half price for senior citizens aged 60 or above, people with disabilities and a companion and full-time students.
Concessionary tickets are available on a first come, first served basis. Ticket holders must present proof of eligibility on admission.
- 5% discount for purchasing standard tickets to 2 different performances.
- 10% discount for purchasing standard tickets to 5 different performances.
- 20% discount for purchasing standard tickets to 10 different performances.
The above discount offers are only available at the Xiqu Centre ticket office and designated outlets or by calling our ticketing hotline at (852) 2200 0022. These offers are not valid in conjunction with other promotion offers.
(852) 2200 0022, email@example.com
Adverse Weather Arrangement:
If a black rainstorm warning, or a typhoon signal no. 8 or above is in force 3 hours before the start of the performance, the performance will be cancelled.
- This performance has no surtitles or fixed seating. The audience may move inside the space and interact with the performance.
- If you are a wheelchair user or a person with a disability you are entitled to buy one ticket at a concessionary price and one additional ticket at the same price for a companion. If there are more than two persons in your party, all other tickets will be at standard price unless the party members qualify for a concession in their own right.
Tickets available from 9 July 2019 (Tuesday) at 10:00am.